Do you feel that your digestive system is weak and do you have trouble digesting food? These problems are more common than you think and, fortunately, there are many natural foods that can help you strengthen your digestive system. Functional Wellness Network presents the best foods for a strong digestive system.
1. Chia: Chia: Is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps regulate intestinal transit and maintain colon health. It also contains fatty acids, omega-3, protein and calcium. You can add chia to your smoothies or cereals for a nutrient boost.
2. Yogurt: Yogurt is another great source of probiotics. Probiotics help keep the digestive tract healthy by reducing inflammation and balancing the levels of good and bad bacteria in the gut.
Yogurt is also a good source of calcium, which is essential for bone health. Choose yogurts that are low in sugar and high in protein for the greatest benefits.
3. Kombucha: A type of fermented tea rich in probiotics and antioxidants. Antioxidants help neutralize free radicals, which are harmful molecules that can damage cells. Kombucha is also high in B and C vitamins. Try it in your diet for additional gut health benefits.
4. Chamomile and pennyroyal help relieve heavy digestion and soothe stomach spasms. Also, two of them can be combined as mint and star anise to combat indigestion and reduce gas. On the other hand, ginger is an excellent digestive stimulant, as well as antibacterial.
In addition, you should also follow the following tips to maintain good digestive health:
- Eat slowly, in a quiet space, and avoid rushing which can lead to indigestion.
- Create a routine and respect the schedule of meals.
- After eating, it is advisable to walk for ten to twenty minutes to facilitate digestion.
- Avoid the cold while you are digesting.
- Do not abuse drugs, as certain medications can cause indigestion and even gastric ulcers. If you have to take them, always take them on a full stomach.
Want to strengthen your digestive system?
Start by including these foods in your diet regularly. They are all rich in probiotics and other nutrients essential for digestive tract health. A strong digestive system is the first step toward a healthier life.
Dr. Mansi Shah
Functional Wellness Network