A good diet is the key to success
Before we talk about the importance of recognizing monthly nutrient requirements, we must first understand what exactly nutrients are. Nutrients are organic and inorganic substances that the body needs to function properly.
This includes vitamins, minerals, fats and proteins. Our body uses these nutrients to perform vital functions such as breathing, digesting food and keeping our organs healthy.
How do you determine your nutritional requirements?
The best way to do this is through an in-depth nutritional assessment with a qualified professional or with nutritional measuring devices.
This will help you identify your exact needs and allow you to get detailed information on what you should be eating to meet your body’s needs. Once you have done this assessment, you will be able to design a personalized nutritional plan based on your individual responses to foods. This means choosing healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat or fat-free dairy products.
It also means limiting processed foods that are high in sodium or sugar or unhealthy trans fat. By following a healthy nutritional plan based on your specifically identified monthly nutrient requirements, you can get all the benefits of nutritionally fully balanced foods to keep you healthy and strong for a long time.
We know that a diet can be difficult to follow and even more so if the options you can eat are limited. So that you don’t leave your resolutions halfway, nutritional reeducation can help you achieve it. This is a good way to start your new healthy routine based on certain recommendations. For that, we give you some tips for a healthy, rich and balanced diet.
- Set realistic goals: in order to have a balanced and healthy diet, you have to go step by step. It is important to make your own commitment and be aware that it is a process that takes time and dedication.
- Never skip a meal: whether you are on a diet or not, eating five or six meals a day is essential. This will help you to balance your hunger so that you do not arrive with cravings to the main meal.
- Substitute foods: learn to distinguish foods that are actually made more naturally and do not contain artificial ingredients. For example, you can choose those that do not have large amounts of sugar or fat. Also, it is better to eat grilled meats instead of fried ones.
- Hydrate frequently: drinking enough water will help your body to better assimilate nutrients.
- Practice sports regularly: this part is very important, since diet and sports go hand in hand. If you exercise daily, you will reduce stress, body fat and gain health. The best thing to do is to leave a sedentary life behind and start walking 30 minutes a day. Start slowly and as you progress increase the difficulty of your routines.
If you want to stay healthy and strong for a long time down the road, we highly recommend getting an in-depth nutritional screening to learn what your own nutrient requirements are specifically designed for your personalized, dietary, successful plan and measure your nutrition levels.
At Functional Wellness Network, we focus on giving you the tools you need to be aware of how important your health is, and to improve it naturally and preventatively with functional medicine.
Learn more about us by visiting our website:
Dr. Mansi Shah
Functional Wellness Network